|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Darlene M. Koontz, 530-595-4444 ext. 5101
Photos may be submitted for the Lassen Volcanic Annual Park Pass photo contest beginning May 1, ending September 10, 2010. “One visitor will have the opportunity to share their Lassen Volcanic National Park experience, captured on camera, with thousands of other park visitors”, stated Superintendent Darlene M. Koontz. Images submitted will be judged by employees and volunteers of Lassen Volcanic National Park. The selected image will be printed on the 2011 Lassen Volcanic Annual Pass. The winner will receive photo credit and a $50 gift certificate compliments of the Lassen Association.
· Photos must be no larger than 5” x 7” and printed on photo quality paper.
· Slides and digital files will not be accepted.
· Limit of two photos per household.
· Entries must be received by the park’s fee office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 10.
· Photos will not be returned and will become the property of the U. S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service.
Photos should be mailed to Lassen Volcanic National Park, Attn: Fee Office, P. O. Box 100, Mineral, CA 96063. For each photo submitted, enter your name, address, phone number, subject and location of each photo on a separate sheet of paper.
The $25 Lassen Annual Pass is valid for one year from the month of purchase and is also honored at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. As part of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act passed by Congress, the park will retain 80 percent of the fees collected to pay for needed repairs and projects to improve visitor services and facilities. For more information, please contact the park fee manager at (530) 595-4444, Ext. 5148 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or visit the park website at www.nps.gov/lavo.