Are you a photographer looking to donate photos to Joshua Tree for use in publications, exhibits, on the park website, or social media? Due to many federal, state, and local laws controlling privacy and the publication of private information online, there are a number of guidelines donated photographs must follow.
- Before photos can be used, a Copyright Release Form must be signed by the photographer granting the park permission to use photos.
- All photos must be given free of charge.
- Signing of the release form indicates you waive your right to inspect or approve any use of the material and any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the material.
- We reserve the right to edit photos, which may include (but is not limited to) cropping, editing colors, and blurring logos.
- Photos may be used in publications, exhibits, social media, and on the park's website.
- Photos cannot contain the image of any person, alive or dead. The park requires model release forms for every individual included in photographs, so for donated photos we do not accept photos that show any person.
- Photos cannot be watermarked or branded with any logos or names. The park is not permitted to promote or advertise any individual or company.
- Photos must follow Leave No Trace policies, and should not show unsafe or inappropriate behavior in the park.
- Please send only carefully selected, high-quality images (do not send large sequences of uncurated photos).
To submit photos
Please send the following to the address listed below:
- A signed Copyright Release Form
- A CD with your photos in high-res, RAW files preferred.
- Contact information including: photographer's name, email address, telephone number, and physical address.
- Locations, time of year, and other important information for each photograph.
Joshua Tree National Park
attn: Visual Information Specialist
74485 National Park Drive
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277-3597