Fees & Passes

There are no visitor entrance fees for regular recreation visits at all three units of John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. We do not sell any federal passes at the visitor center. Find our more about federal passes and where to purchase them.

Permits or commercial use authorizations may be required for events such as: weddings, family gatherings, scattering of ashes, bringing in a tour group, commercial photography, any photography involving a model, and commercial videography. This is not an exhaustive list of activities that require special permission. Visit the permits page to find out more. If in doubt as to whether your activity requires a permit, contact us.

Parks that do charge fees participate in Fee Free Days. Find our more information about Free Entrance Days in the National Parks.

Last updated: February 19, 2019

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

32651 Highway 19
Kimberly, OR 97848


541 987-2333

Contact Us

Stay Connected