Highway 399 (J. Earle Bowden Way): 24 hours a day, year-round
Opal Beach Complex: 8 a.m. to sunset
Beach Access: There are numerous parking lots along Highway 399 that offer beach access and ample parking with no entrance fee.
Opal Beach Complex: This swim beach offers numerous public restrooms, parking lots, outdoor showers, and pavilions. Lifeguards are on duty at this beach during the summer months. An entrance fee is required for this area of Santa Rosa Island.
From Interstate 10: Take Exit 12 for I-110 South, exit 1B Gregory Street East, merge onto 30 E Chase Street, turn left onto Bayfront Parkway /Hwy 98 East, merge onto Hwy 399 to beaches, cross toll bridge ($1.00), continue along Hwy. 399 for 6 miles, the area continues for an additional 7 miles after entering.
Plan Your Visit
- The Opal Beach Complex requires an entrance fee. Credit card only.
- Bring your own supplies. There are no concessions or stores in this area.
- Review weather prior to visiting. This area is at high risk for rip currents.
- Pavilions are available for rent in advance. Gatherings with more than 26 people require a permit.
- Parking is only permitted in designated spaces. Roadside parking and beach driving is not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed in this area.
- Fishing is restricted in the swim beach area when lifeguards are present. A fishing license is required.