Gulf Islands National Seashore is a serene place with many forts, beaches, and variety of wildlife and plants. Follow these general tips for a safe visit.
- Maintain a safe distance from all wildlife and marine life.
- Do not feed wildlife or marine life.
- Beware of fire ants, poisonous ivy and prickly plants.
- Carry insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Dispose of fishing gear, including lines properly.
- Do not walk on dunes, stay on designated boardwalks and trails.
- No glass bottles/containers allowed on the beaches.
- Report injured wildlife. Wildlife Reporting Procedures.