COVID 19 Procedures
Website Current Condition Page
The National Park Service is working service-wide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Masks are required to be worn inside all federal buildings in counties with a "high" transmission rate. Status can be checked
If a park requires a mask it will be advertised on the required facilities. Please bring a mask with you during your visit as a precaution, postures are subject to change daily. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.
Temporary Road/Parking Closures:
Temporary Facility Closures:
- The Perdido Key Discovery Trail and boardwalk in Florida
- The Natures Way Trail in Mississippi
Fort Barrancas Area:
Fort Barrancas Area, including all forts and facilities, will reopen on Saturdays and Sundays only, beginning May 27 from 9 a.m. Public access will be available from 9 a.m. through 3 p.m. through the West Gate ONLY on Blue Angel Parkway.
Per Naval Air Station Pensacola, all U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals 18 and older must have a REAL ID or passport. The Department of Defense (DoD) and the Navy require any identification card used for base access to be compliant with the REAL ID Act of 2005. Real ID-compliant identification cards are marked by a star on the upper right of the card. If you do not have a REAL ID-compliant identification, you present an original or certified true copy of a birth certificate bearing a raised seal, social security card, and driver’s license issued by a state, territory, possession or District of Columbia that is not REAL ID-compliant. All three documents must bear the same name, or a former name as documented on acceptable name change documentation such as a court order, marriage certificate or divorce decree.
The following restrictions will apply to visitors during public access:
· No weapons (firearms/knives) allowed (to include Concealed Weapon Permit holders)
· No backpacks/coolers allowed (diaper bags or medically required bags are acceptable and subject to search)
· No alcoholic beverages allowed
· No drones allowed (countermeasures will be taken)
· Persons with felony convictions are not authorized base access
· No visitors with boats and boat trailers
· All vehicles and personnel are subject to security searches and background checks
Naval Live Oaks:
The Naval Live Oaks Visitor Center and indoor exhibit area are permanently closed.