Special Use & Research Permits

The National Park Service requires permits for activities not normally associated with visiting the national seashore. For more information about activities requiring permits and how to apply, see the options below.

  1. Commercial Use Authorizations: Commercial activities within the national seashore are limited, but some are permitted through the Commercial Use Authorization.
  2. Research Permits: Research and collection activities within Gulf Islands National Seashore are managed to prevent damage to the resources, to coordinate research activities, and to assist in the application of science to the management of the Seashore.
  3. Scattering Cremated Remains: With limitations, the National Park Service normally grants permission to those wishing to scatter cremated remains within the boundary of Gulf Islands National Seashore.
  4. Special Use Permits: Activities such as weddings, sporting events, public assemblies, religious ceremonies, and commercial filming and photography.
  5. Wilderness Island Camping: Groups of 10 or more campers on Horn or Petit Bois islands must obtain a wilderness camping permit.
  6. Pavilion Rental: To rent a pavilion visitors must obtain a permit and place a reservation. All pavilions hold a minimum of 25 people and are reserved for a full day. Groups over 25 or special events may also require a special use permit. Email the permits office for more information. Reservations do not include entrance fees or private restrooms.
    1. Johnson Beach Pavilion: $200
    2. Opal Beach Pavilions: $300
      1. A cluster at the west end and E pavilion at the east end; 4 Pavilion cluster, price per cluster. Each cluster fits 25 people. Other pavilion clusters at Opal Beach are for public use only.
    3. Naval Live Oaks Pavilion: $100
      1. Group Camping is also available and includes separate fees. Email the permits office for more information.
    4. Battery Worth Pavilion: $100
    5. Davis Bayou Pavilion: $100
      1. Three separate pavilions available, 1,3, and 5. Restrooms are not included. Email the permits office for more information.

Contact Permit Office

Contact the park today to request a permit or a pavilion.

Email The Permits Office

Last updated: September 18, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

1801 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

Contact Us