Park Expansion

Jenny Lake Store
Gas station at the Jenny Lake Store.
 
Congress established Grand Teton National Park in 1929. The original park only protected the high peaks and some of the valley lakes. Development continued in the valley, but some sought protection and expansion of the park. Homesteading and dude ranching continued while the fledgling National Park Service opened the first ranger station. Read about some of the changes taking place during this period of time.

Last updated: June 16, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Drawer 170
Moose, WY 83012

Phone:

(307) 739-3300

Contact Us