A Special Use Permit is required for a variety of organized activities and events including guided hikes and use of historic structures and meet one of the following criteria:
- Provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large;
- Requires some degree of management control from the National Park Service in order to protect park resources and the public interest;
- Is not prohibited by law or regulation; and
- Is neither initiated, sponsored, nor conducted by the National Park Service.
For more information about Historic Structure Use, please email the park with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits."
- Guidelines for Historic Structure Use
- Application for Special Park Use Permit (no payment necessary for burials, cemetery visits including Decoration Days and first amendment activities)
- Online Payment for Special Use Permits
- Map of Historic Structure Locations