Permits are required for certain activities within the park. There is a fee for permit applications. These include:

  • Weddings
  • Any activity in which participants are paying to participate, such as tours or classes
  • Religious services and ceremonies
  • Competitions, such as orienteering or trail races
  • Filming in the park

Incidental Business Permits are required for any business that will be bringing paying clients into the park for any reason, including:

  • Rock climbing
  • Horseback riding
  • Hiking tours
  • Kayaking, rafting, and canoeing

Please call 703-289-2513 for additional information to obtain a permit.

Last updated: November 14, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Great Falls Park
c/o Turkey Run Park
George Washington Memorial Parkway

McLean , VA 22101


703 757-3101
Visitor information

Contact Us

Stay Connected