Grand Canyon Visitor Center
Summer Hours 8 am to 5 pm
If you are entering through the South Entrance Station, make the Visitor Center your first stop. You can park your car in one of four parking areas, then get your first view of Grand Canyon by taking a short walk (or shuttle bus ride) to nearby Mather Point.
From the Visitor Center, it is also possible to Park-and-Ride. Leave your car and board free shuttle buses to ride around the Village and out to scenic overlooks.
NOTE: During busy periods, including spring break, summer, and fall holiday weekends, parking around the visitor center is full by 10:00 am. During these times, proceed to lots A-D in Market Plaza and the Village Historic District.
At the Visitor Center you can:
- Find information. Outside exhibits discuss park activities and attractions; hiking, the free shuttle bus system and park ranger programs.
- Watch Grand Canyon: A Journey of Wonder, a 20 minute movie that takes viewers on a rim to river and dawn to dusk journey through the park. Movie starts on the hour and half-hour
- Explore exhibits inside, including: interactive trip planners, a large video-enabled relief map, a Science On a Sphere® program, and displays of historic artifacts.
- Stop at the Park Store for books and a variety of Grand Canyon gifts.
- Rent a bicycle or take a guided bicycle tour, available March through October. A coffee bar with "grab and go" food options is located here. Learn More...