|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Pamela Edwards, 928-638-7713GRAND CANYON, Ariz. – Beginning March 1, 2021, visitors traveling to Grand Canyon National Park should be prepared for modified changes in shuttle bus operations compared to previous years. The spring schedule will be in place from March 1 through May 28, 2021.
To protect public health, all buses and shuttle operations are still modified to meet COVID-19 guidelines. The modified buses will carry a smaller number of passengers per trip with additional safety measures in place, including:
- Shuttle capacity is limited to 15 passengers;
- Face masks/coverings are required in line and on the bus; passengers must have their own face masks/coverings;
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use;
- Passengers must follow all CDC and public health physical distancing guidelines while in line and on the bus; sidewalk decals, tape, and signage have been installed at bus stops to promote physical distancing; and
- Buses will undergo daily cleaning according to CDC and public health guidance.
- Both routes will start at 4:30 a.m. and run until one hour after sunset.
- During peak hours, headways on the Hermits Rest Route will be every 5-10 minutes and headways on the Kaibab Rim Route Eastbound will be every 8-10 minutes.
- Headways will be every 30 minutes before sunrise and following sunset.
- March and April - 6, 7 and 8 a.m.
- May - 5, 6 and 7 a.m.
The Village Route (Blue Route), the Kaibab Rim Route Westbound, and the Tusayan Route (Purple Route) will not operate this spring.
Additional shuttle bus information is available online at: www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/shuttle-buses.htm.
Last updated: February 16, 2021