- Cavallo Point does have a couple of eateries within their facilities at Fort Baker. (888) 651-2003.
- Muir Woods Trading Post is the concessioner facility which serves meals and snacks throughout the day located in Muir Woods in Mill Valley. (415) 388-7059.
- Siren Canteen & Cafe. This eatery is in Stinson Beach adjacent to the lifeguard tower. (415) 868-1777.
- Presidio Yacht Club Bar at Fort Baker. (415) 332-2319
- Pelican Inn at Muir Beach. (415) 383-6000
- The Bean Sprouts Cafe & Cooking School is located within the Bay Area Discovery Museum, but to access the facility you will need to pay admission to the children's museum.
- Cliff House Restaurant adjacent to Ocean Beach facing the Pacific Ocean. Sutro's at the Cliff House. This elegant restaurant at the western edge of San Francisco features some of the most spectacular views in the park. Call for reservations, (415) 386-3330.
- Louis' Restaurant. Great views and reasonable prices, (415) 887-6330.
- Presidio of San Francisco has several places to eat like the Dish Café (415) 561-2336, Acre Café (415) 561-2273, Presidio Café (415) 561-4661, Presidio Bowling Center (415) 561-2695, Presidio Social Club (415) 885-1888, and Disney Museum Café (415) 345-6800. Good places for a meal while exploring the Presidio.
- Crissy Field Warming Hut (415) 561-3042 and Beach Hut Café (415) 561-7761. Perfect for beverages and soup and sandwiches after a walk along the Crissy Field shoreline.
- Greens This famous vegetarian restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and also serves beverages and pastries throughout the day. Take-out service is available during the day. (415) 771-6222
- Cooks & Company. Sandwiches and soups are featured at this small facility in Building B at Fort Mason Center. (415) 673-4137.
- Cafe Franco (415) 771-7277. Located inside the HI San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel at Fort Mason. Serves breakfast lunch and dinner to international travelers, Fort Mason neighbors, local students, park employees, and people who appreciate some of the best bay views from any location in the city. Free WiFi.
There are two luxury hotels, two youth hostels and four campgrounds in the park. Because Golden Gate is surrounded by residential and commercial areas, there are numerous other lodging possibilities close to the park, ranging from budget motels to 5-star hotels.
The Inn at the Presidio is located on the Main Post, the "heart of the Presidio." In addition to elegant room accommodations and an interior design that celebrates the Presidio's rich past with artisan details and Presidio memorabilia, the Inn also features an inviting front porch with rocking chairs, a dining room for breakfast and evening receptions, and an outdoor deck with a fire pit.
Cavallo Point Lodge is located in Fort Baker, Sausalito. Set in an idyllic location on the San Francisco Bay at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cavallo Point offers unique historic and contemporary lodging options. This elegant and environmentally sustainable hotel includes conference facilities, restaurant, and spa.
To learn more about campgrounds in the park, call the Marin Headlands Visitor Center at (415) 331-1540 or visit our Camping Page.
The San Francisco Convention and Visitor Bureau has information about lodging surrounding the park in the San Francisco area. Contact the bureau at 415-391-2000.
Golden Gate National Recreation Area has 4 campgrounds; all are reservable. The Presidio of San Francisco has one group campground.
Recreation.gov provides information about camping for Kirby Cove in the Marin Headlands. To make reservations for the other campgrounds in the Marin Headlands call the Marin Headlands Visitor Center at (415) 331-1540. Visit the Presidio Trust site to reserve the Rob Hill Campground on the Presidio.