San Francisco is a gastronomical mecca.The area is world-renowned for its hundreds of places to eat, featuring cuisine from around the world. The San Francisco Convention and Visitor Bureau has information on the range of dining options available to visitors to the park. Corner grocery stores and delicatessens are located in the commercial districts near the park.
There are also eating options in many destinations in the park:
- Crissy Field Warming Hut (415) 561-3042 and Beach Hut Café (415) 561-7761. Perfect for beverages and soup and sandwiches after a walk along the Crissy Field shoreline.
- Dish Café (415) 561-2336, Acre Café (415) 561-2273, Presidio Café (415) 561-4661, Presidio Bowling Center (415) 561-2695, Presidio Social Club (415) 885-1888, and Disney Museum Café (415) 345-6800. Good places for a meal while exploring the Presidio.
- Sutro's at the Cliff House. This elegant restaurant at the western edge of San Francisco features some of the most spectacular views in the park. Call for reservations, (415) 386-3330.
- Louis' Restaurant. Great views and reasonable prices, (415) 887-6330.
- Greens. This famous vegetarian restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and also serves beverages and pastries throughout the day. Take-out service is available during the day. (415) 771-6222
- Cooks. Sandwiches and soups are featured at this small facility in Building B at Fort Mason Center. (415) 673-4137
- The restaurant at the concessioner facility serves meals and snacks throughout the day (415) 388-7059.
- Surfer's Grill. Open Daily 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (415) 868-1777