|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Denise Germann, 406 888-5838
WEST GLACIER, MT.-- Visitors are reminded to bring their own drinking water when they visit Logan Pass. Potable water continues to not be available, and will not be available through the remainder of the 2011 season.
Rehabilitation of the existing restrooms at Logan Pass is completed and the facilities will be open to the public beginning Monday, August 22. Construction of an additional vault toilet facility at Logan Pass is on-going and will be available for use in 2012.
In preparation for a safe and enjoyable visit to Glacier National Park, visitors are encouraged to:
- Visit the park's website prior to your visit and obtain a park newspaper as you enter the park,
- Bring plenty of drinking water,
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear and have a jacket and rain gear available,
- Carry bear spray in an accessible location and know how to use it, Hike in groups and make noise while hiking,
- Understand your hiking abilities and limitations, and of each person in your group,
- Use the free shuttle bus system that accesses the Apgar area and the entire Going-to-the-Sun Road,
- Participate in a ranger-led activity, and
- Remember your camera.