January 25, 2010
, 406 888-5838
WEST GLACIER, MONT. – Officials at Glacier National Park and the Glacier Association are pleased to announce the winners of the 2009 postcard contest. In recognition of the quality of the submissions, which made the selection process very difficult, the judges included an “Honorable Mention” category. Winning entries will be showcased as a Centennial postcard to be given to park visitors when they make purchases throughout the park’s Centennial at Glacier Association sales outlets in the park.
All winning entries can be viewed at: https://www.nps.gov/glac/parknews/postcard-winners.htm.
1st - 2nd Grade Category:
- 1st place: Julia Wynne, home school
- 2nd place: Kailyn Jordt, Peterson School
- 3rd place: Rebekah Walker, Canyon Elementary
- Honorable Mention: Shaun Dinsmore, Lewistown, MT
3rd - 5th Grade Category:
- 1st place: Linde Lambson, Linderman School
- 2nd place: Jackson Wynne, home school
- 3rd place: Makayla Camel & K.W. Harvey, Ronan, MT
- Honorable Mention: Meredith Iams, Hedges School
6th - 8th Grade Category:
- 1st place: Mariah Walker, West Glacier Elementary
- 2nd place: Alaina Townsend, Swan Valley Elementary
- 3rd place: Caleb Jones, West Valley School
- Honorable Mention: Sydney Chamberlain, West Valley School
9th -12th Grade Category:
- 1st place: Karmyn Carlson, Columbia Falls High School
- 2nd place: Demari Dereu, Columbia Falls High School
- 3rd place: Parker Johnson, Columbia Falls High School
- Honorable Mention: Augustina Eagle Speaker, Valier High School
Both Glacier National Park and the Glacier Association staff express their appreciation for each student who took the time to show what Glacier means to them.
Next year’s contest is expected to be announced in October 2010.
For further information on Glacier National Park, visit the park’s website at www.nps.gov/glac or call 406-888-7800. For more information on the Glacier Association, call 406-888-5756 or visit the Association’s website at http://www.glacierassociation.org/.
- NPS -