May 20, 2008
Melissa Wilson, 406-888-7895
WEST GLACIER, MONT. – Glacier National Park officials announce the following 2008 operating dates for park concessioners.
These concessioners, who work under contract within Glacier National Park, provide visitor services including lodging, food service, gift shops, tours, transportation, horseback riding, guided day hikes and backpacking trips, and boat tours and rentals. Listed lodging dates indicate the last night lodging is offered. Park wide services are listed by name in alphabetical order:
Concessioner: Operating/Starting Date to Closing/Ending Date
Belton Chalets, Inc.
(1-888-345-2649 or www.sperrychalet.com or www.graniteparkchalet.com)
· Granite Park Chalet: July 1 to September 6
· Sperry Chalet: July 5 to September 7
The historic Granite Park Chalet is available for overnight use as a rustic hiker shelter. Services at the historic Sperry Chalet include traditional overnight accommodations and food service for guests and day hikers.
Glacier Park Boat Company
(406-257-2426 or www.glacierparkboats.com)
Boat tours and rentals:
· Apgar (rentals only): May 31 to September 1 (also open May 24-May 26)
· Lake McDonald: May 24 to September 20
· Many Glacier: June 7 to September 13
· Rising Sun: June 14 to September 1
· Two Medicine: June 16 to September 1
Glacier Park, Inc. (GPI)
(Central reservations 406-892-2525 or www.glacierparkinc.com)
· Glacier Park Lodge*: May 30 to September 27
· Lake McDonald Lodge: May 24 to September 27
· Lake McDonald Camp Store: May 24 to September 28**
· Jammer Joe’s Restaurant: June 13 to September 1
· Many Glacier Hotel: June 6 to September 21
· Prince of Wales Hotel*: June 13 to September 20
· Rising Sun Motor Inn: June 15 to September 14
· Rising Sun Camp Store: June 15 to September 14**
· Swiftcurrent Motor Inn: June 20 to September 13
· Swiftcurrent Camp Store: June 7 to September 14**
· Two Medicine Camp Store: May 30 to September 8
· Village Inn: May 30 to September 14
*Glacier Park Lodge and the Prince of Wales Hotel are located outside the park, but are also managed by GPI.
**These properties will close after breakfast on the dates listed.
· Red Bus Tours: May 24 to September 27
· Hiker Shuttle: July 1 to September 1
(Connects Many Glacier to Glacier’s Going-to-the-Sun Rd. shuttle which begins service July 3)
· East side shuttle: June 6 to September 25
(Service to trailheads and hotels between East Glacier and Waterton, Alberta, Canada)
Glacier Guides, Inc.
(1-800-521-RAFT or 406-387-5555 or www.glacierguides.com)
· Guided Day Hikes and Backpacking Trips: May to October
Swan Mountain Outfitters
· Apgar Corral: May 24 to September 1
· Lake McDonald: May 24 to September 9
· Many Glacier: June 6 to September 14
(1-800-786-9220 or 406-226-9220 or www.glaciersuntours.com)
· Interpretive tours (Blackfeet perspective): May 15 to October 15
Waterton Inter-Nation Shoreline Cruises, LTD
(403-859-2362 or www.watertoncruise.com)
Waterton Lake boat tours:
· Goat Haunt landing: May 31 to September 21
· Lake tour only- no landing: May 3- May 30 and September 22- October 5
Privately owned facilities in Apgar Village offer lodging, dining, camping supplies, groceries, and gifts from May through much of September.
For reservations and details, please call respective concession phone numbers listed. For general park information, please visit the park’s official Web site at: www.nps.gov/glac or call park headquarters at 406-888-7800.
- NPS -