2013 Public History Field School
- Douglas C. Wilson and Theresa E. Langford, eds. Exploring Fort Vancouver.
- Barry Mackintosh, Interpretation in the National Park Service: A Critical Perspective.
- Barry Mackintosh, The National Park Service: A Brief History.
- David L. Larsen, ed. Meaningful Interpretation: How to Connect Hearts and Minds to Places, Objects & Other Resources.
- Donna Sinclair, Part One, "Our Manifest Destiny Bids Fair for Fulfillment": An Historical Overview of Vancouver Barracks, 1846-1898.
- Jane T. Merritt, Administrative History: Fort Vancouver NHS.
- John A. Hussey, The History of Fort Vancouver and its Physical Structure.
- National Park Service, Fort Vancouver National Historic Site General Management Plan.
- National Park Service, Teacher's Guide: Teaching the Village with Artifacts.
- National Park Service, Within the Collection: A Look Inside the Fort Vancouver Museum. (Series)
Articles & Excerpts
- Bryn Thomas and Charles Hibbs, Jr., "Background: U.S. Army Presence," from Report of Investigations of Excavations at Kanaka Village, Vancouver Barracks, Washington, 1980/1981, Vol. 1.
- Bryn Thomas, "History," from A Cultural Resources Survey of Officers Row, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington, 1987.
I will provide you with copies of pertinent articles and other documents.