Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officer Representative (COR), Construction Management Representative (CMR), or Project Manager (PM)
- COR, with assistance from CMR, prepares draft COD Letter, scope of work, justification for change, and cost estimate. COR submits to CO.
- CO reviews submitted documents and if acceptable, signs COD Letter and submits to Construction Contractor, copying COR and CMR.
- Upon receiving COD, Construction Contractor starts work on contract change. No later than 10 days after receiving COD, Construction Contractor submits to CMR a proposal for additional work, including time extensions.
- COR coordinates with CO, CMR, and PM.
- COR, with assistance from CMR, analyzes Construction Contractor's proposal and provides CO with written report of findings and recommendations.
- CO and COR, with assistance from CMR:
- Negotiates with Construction Contractor, if applicable.
- Prepares modification documents. COD is required to be definitized in a modification within 30 days. (For conversion to modification, see Contract Modifications.)
- COR, with assistance from CMR, enters COD information into COD log.
- Original COD Letter to Construction Contractor. Copies to Regional Director, Park Superintendent, PM, Construction COR, CMR, and contract files.