- Prepare Draft COD Letter. Include scope of work, justification for change, cost estimate, and forward information to COR).
- Upon receipt of a COD, contractor starts work on contract change and, as soon as possible, provides the CMR with a cost proposal for the additional work, including any time extensions.
- Coordinate receipt of contractor's proposal for work within 10 days of COD issuance if not already received.
- Prepare modification documents. COD is required to be definitized in a bilateral modification within 30 days. (For conversion to bilateral agreement, see Modifications.)
- Enter COD information into COD Log.
- 2.5.2A DSC-SOP use of CODs (pdf)
- 2.5.2E Justification for Issuance of a COD (pdf)
- Original COD Letter to contractor, with copies to Regional Director, Park Superintendent, PM, Construction COR, CMR, and contract files.