- Prepare draft COD Letter. Include scope of work, justification for change, and cost estimate. Forward to COR.
- Upon receipt of a COD, Construction Contractor starts work on contract change and, as soon as possible, provides CMR with cost proposal for additional work, including time extensions.
- Coordinate receipt of Construction Contractor's proposal for work within 10 days of COD issuance, if not already received.
- Prepare modification documents. COD is required to be definitized in a bilateral modification within 30 days. (For conversion to bilateral agreement, see Contract Modifications.)
- Enter COD information into COD Log.
- 2.5.2A DSC SOP Use of CODs (pdf)
- Original COD Letter to Construction Contractor. Copies to Regional Director, Park Superintendent, PM, Construction COR, CMR, and contract files.