All monument visitors are required to purchase a recreational use pass upon entering Dinosaur National Monument.
Dinosaur National Monument participates in the congressionally authorized Federal Recreation Lands Enhancement Act. Under this program, parks keep 80% of all fees collected; the remaining 20% will be deposited in a special account to be used in parks where fees are not collected. Funds generated by the fees are used to accomplish projects the parks have been unable to fund through annual Congressional allocations. Entrance fees help support projects in the monument to improve the experience for visitors.
Monument Entrance Fees
Entrance Fees to Dinosaur National Monument are valid for seven consecutive days.
Dinosaur Entrance Fee - Private Vehicle - $25.00
Admits one private, non-commercial vehicle (15 passenger capacity or less) and all its occupants. Admission is good for seven consecutive days. You can come and go any time with your seven-day pass.
Dinosaur Entrance Fee - Motorcycle - $20.00
Admits all occupants on a private, non-commercial motorcycle. Admission is good for seven consecutive days. You can come and go any time with your seven-day pass.
Dinosaur Entrance Fee - Per Person - $15.00
Admits one individual with no car to the monument - typically used for bicyclists and walk-ins. Youth 15 and under are admitted free. Admission is good for seven consecutive days. You can come and go any time with your seven-day pass.
Buy Your Digital Pass on Recreation.gov
Enjoy the convenience of purchasing your entrance pass for Dinosaur National Monument before you arrive. You can then download it to your mobile device or print a copy for verification when you enter. This allows you to head directly to a trailhead, parking lot, or boat launch.
Annual and Lifetime Passes
America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes
The America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series includes different options of interagency passes that provide access to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas across the United States.
In general, passes cover the above types of fees for everyone in a personal vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas or up to four adults at sites that charge per person. Children ages 15 or under are admitted free. Two lifetime passes (Senior and Access) provide additional benefits, such as a 50-percent discount on camping at some sites. Always check with individual sites for details.
Interagency passes include:
*A new program that provides free access for US military veterans and Gold Star Family members took effect in fall 2020 as a way to thank them for their support of our country and to encourage them to explore recreational opportunities on their public lands and waters. Find detailed information about who qualifies, acceptable forms of identification, and how to download a Gold Star Family voucher.
Fifth Grade Voucher (valid only through August 31, 2021)
Many fourth graders missed out on using their Every Kid Outdoors Annual Fourth Grade Pass during the 2019-2020 school year. For the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year and summer, US fifth graders can bring their families to national parks, national forests and grasslands, wildlife refuges, and other Department of the Interior, US Forest Service, and US Army Corps of Engineers-managed public lands and waters for free. Find more information including who is eligible and how to get a free voucher.
Commercial Tour Fees
A commercial tour is defined as consisting of one or more persons traveling on an itinerary that has been packaged, priced, or sold for leisure or recreational purposes by an organization that realizes financial gain through the provision of the service. The entry fees of commercial tours are based upon the total capacity of vehicles that can carry seven or more passengers regardless of the actual number of passengers.
Noncommercial Organized Groups: Valid for 7 days.
Forms of Payment
Fee Free Days
Several days throughout the year have been designated as fee free days at your national parks including Dinosaur National Monument. On these days, entrance fees will not be charged, however, camping and other use fees will still be collected. To find out the fee free days visit the Fee Free Days website.
Academic Fee Waivers
All rates are per site, per night. Senior and Access pass holder receive a 50% discount at all campgrounds except for the Split Mountain Group Campground during the summer and group site at the Echo Park Campground.
Last updated: May 13, 2022