Changes in Monument Operations - March 30, 2020
The following precautions are being taken due to the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Quarry Visitor Center and Quarry Exhibit Hall are closed until further notice because of safety and health concerns.
- The monument bookstore operated by Intermountain Natural History Association inside the Quarry Visitor Center is also closed. The online store can be found here: https://futuresite.inhaweb.com/
- All river trips/operations in Dinosaur National Monument are canceled until further notice.
- All monument campgrounds are closed.
- All backcountry camping is suspended including camping at the Ely Creek designated backcountry sites in Jones Hole.
- The National Park Service has temporarily suspended the collection of park entrance and camping fees.
- Dinosaur National Monument is focused on ensuring employees, their families, volunteers, and visitors are safe by following the most current guidance from the CDC, OPM, OEM, and other federal, state, and local health authorities.
- People who choose to visit the monument during this pandemic should know that services including access to running water and restrooms will be limited. Visitors need to be self-sufficient and practice Leave No Trace principles to help keep outdoor spaces clean, safe, and healthy.
- Visitors can call our Virtual Visitor Center at 435-781-7700 from 9am-5pm MDT to speak with park staff.
In an effort to limit exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19), its recommend that visitors do not gather in groups larger than 10 people and maintain at least a 6 foot distance between themselves and other visitor groups while hiking trails and exploring the monument.
National Park Service Public Health Service Officers recommend that everyone should take the following routine precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use >60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or do so into your elbow. Dispose of the tissue and wash your hands again.
- Keep at least 6 feet of separation between yourself and others to reduce the potential spread of infection.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Most important, if you feel sick, please stay home to avoid exposing others.
Follow this web page for the latest public health updates from the National Park Service:
We try to update this page in a timely manner, however, due to the range in elevations and soil types for our roads and trails, conditions can change rapidly in Dinosaur National Monument. If you are traveling to the monument and would like additional information, please call the visitor center at (435) 781-7700 or email us.