Mazama Campground

Please visit our Current Condtions page to learn the current status of the facility below. Some facilities are closed or have reduced hours right now due to COVID-19, and some services, procedures, and policies have changed. This page is not being updated to reflect current conditions.
Campsite at Mazama Campground
Mazama Campground is located in a forested setting 7 miles south of Rim Village near Highway 62. The campground is open only in the summer. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and bear-resistant food locker.

The campground is operated by the park's concessioner, Crater Lake Hospitality. In June, sites are available only on a first-come, first-served basis. In July, August, and September, 75% of the sites can be reserved in advance, either online or by calling 866-292-6720. The other 25% are first-come, first-served. In July and August, the campground usually fills up by mid-afternoon.

Basic Information


6,000 feet (1,829 meters)


Projected dates for 2020: June 12 - September 28

Number of sites


Maximum RV length

50 feet (15 meters)

Max. trailer length

35 feet (11 meters)

Accessible sites

Five: A10, B1, B6, F17 (RV), F21 (RV)


Flush toilets


Drinking water available

Food storage

Metal food locker

Dump station



Showers, laundry facilities, general store, gas station, restaurant


Allowed (read more about pet regulations here)


No cell reception; a pay phone is located outside the general store

Ranger programs

45-minute programs are presented at the campground amphitheater most nights from late June to early September



Tent site


RV - no hookups


RV - electricity


Senior Pass and Access Pass holders are entitled to a 50% discount on camping fees. If you make a reservation, you'll be charged the full amount initially, but you will be refunded 50% when you arrive at the campground and show a valid pass and ID.


Additional Information

You can check in between 12 pm and 9 pm. Check-out time is 12 pm. Generators are allowed between 8 am and 8 pm. Campground quiet hours are 10 pm to 7 am.

Maximum Occupancy
The maximum number of people per campsite is 6. The maximum number of vehicles per campsite is 2. Camping in the park is limited to 30 days per calendar year, with no more than 14 consecutive days in any campground.

Campsite Map
View a map of Mazama Campground. If you make a reservation, you won't be reserving a specific site. When you arrive, you will choose any open site of the type you have reserved (e.g. tent, RV without hoookups, RV with electricity).

Food Storage
The park is home to many animals, including black bears. When not in use, all of your food, garbage, cooking equipment, storage containers (e.g. ice chests), and toiletries (soaps, toothpaste, etc.) must be kept in your vehicle or in the bear-resistant locker provided at your campsite.

Each campsite has a fire ring with a grilling grate. Wood fires are allowed only in these designated rings. Never leave fires or hot coals unattended, and extinguish them completely before leaving.

Firewood can be purchased at the Mazama Store. You may also bring firewood into the park with you, but it must be from the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho) or labeled as "Approved Pest Free." Dead wood may also be gathered as fuel, but only in areas of the park that are below 6,900 feet (2,100 meters) in elevation. Cutting or trimming of standing trees, dead or alive, is prohibited.

Other Nearby Camping Options
Camping is not allowed in the park's picnic areas, parking lots, and pullouts. For a list of campgrounds outside the park, download a Lodging & Camping brochure from our publications page.

Dump Station
The campground has a free dump station. It is typically open from late May to mid-October.

Water spigots are located throughout the campground. The water is safe to drink. Please do not bathe or wash clothes at water spigots or in restroom sinks. Strained dishwater should be emptied in the grates in front of each restroom. Recycling in the park is currently limited to aluminum cans and newspaper.

Camper Store, Laundry, Showers
The Mazama Village Store sells groceries, camping supplies, firewood, and gasoline. See store hours. The store also has hot showers and laundry machines. They take quarters; a change machine is on site. Your quarters help maintain the park's wastewater treatment system and return clean water to the environment.

Vehicles and Bicycles
To protect the park's fragile vegetation, please keep all vehicles - including motorcycles, trailers, and bicycles - on paved surfaces at all times.

Last updated: July 20, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Crater Lake National Park
PO Box 7

Crater Lake , OR 97604


(541) 594-3000

Contact Us