How to Schedule a Field Trip
- Please call the National Historic Site at (501) 374-1957 to schedule a fieldtrip and reserve a date for your group.
- A reservation is required for all fieldtrip groups; the exhibits, the theater for the park film, and/or the ranger-led tour or guided program have limited capacity.
- Priority is given to groups with a reservation; your reservation will be confirmed by an email from staff at the National Historic Site, so watch for an email from an address ending in nps.gov
- Fieldtrips typically include time in the Visitor Center exhibits, a screening of the park's interpretive film, and a guided or streetscape tour.
- For more information about a guided tour as part of your fieldtrip, visit the Guided Tours page.
- If you don't have time for the guided tour, other alternatives include a ranger talk on the site's historic themes, orientations to exhibits and site features, and interpretive film.
- Your fieldtrip will begin at the NHS Visitor Center (2120 W Daisy L Gatson Bates Dr., Little Rock, AR 72202) unless otherwise indicated.
- The Visitor Center parking lot can accommodate multiple buses/automobiles and has accessible parking available.
- You must schedule at least two hours for your fieldtrip if you have reserved a guided tour of Central High School and also would like to explore the exhibits or a film.
- Guided tours can typicaly be given daily at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. CDT/CST, so a two-hour fieldtrip block that includes a guided tour would be either 9:00 - 11:00 a.m., 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. or 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Field Trip Reimbursement
Limited assistance for transportation for Arkansas schools may be available through National Park Service grants; for questions about Field Trip Reimbursement, contact Park Ranger Brian Schwieger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserving a date and time for a school group does not mean that group has been approved or is eligible for a field trip reimbursement grant.