Permits & Reservations

Weddings and Special Event Permits

Weddings and other special events, such as church services, require a Special Use Permit (SUP) from the park and must follow specific guidelines, according to policy and regulation.

Completed applications for SUPs for weddings and other special events, along with a non-refundable fee, must be received by the park no less than 14 days prior to the start of the event.

A SUP is also required for certain activities such as political events, public assemblies, demonstrations, the distribution of literature, and other activities commonly referred to as "First Amendment" activities.

If you are planning a wedding in the park, please see our Wedding Regulations. If you are interested in conducting scientific research in the park, please visit our scientific research page. If you are planning any other type of event in the park, please fill out a Special Use Permit Application.

Commercial and Still Photography Permits

All commercial film production requires a permit. Commercial still photography requires a permit in certain instances. Visitors taking photos or filming for their personal use do not need a permit. Please visit theCommercial Filming and Photography page before submitting a Filming Permit Application.

For questions about the filming or special event permits, email us here. For questions regarding wedding permits, email us here. For more information concerning SUPs or to determine if your activity requires one, please call (706) 866-9241.

Tour Reservations

K-12, homeschool, and collegiate institutions who are planning an educational field trip should visit the field trips page.

Military units, including ROTC programs, interested in scheduling a staff ride, please visit the staff ride page.

If you are scheduling a group tour for a community organization, please contact us for information and scheduling. If you are with a scouting organization, visit our scouting page for opportunities.

If you are not with an organized group, and are interested in ranger-guided tours and programs, visit our guided tours page and the special event calendar. Most public, ranger-guided tours do not require reservations.

Last updated: October 18, 2019

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3370 LaFayette Road
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742



Contact Us