Special Use Permit Regulations For Weddings
1. Chickamauga Battlefield weddings are permitted only at the old Dyer House site, which is located on the north side of Dyer Road one-quarter mile west of the Glenn-Kelly Road/Dyer Road intersection.
2. Point Park weddings are permitted adjacent to the south side of the New York Peace Monument. Wedding participants are required to pay the entrance fee to Point Park.
3. Signal Point weddings are permitted on the grassy slope above the river gorge overlook.
4. Wedding ceremony itself is permitted at the site. Archways, walkways, sound systems, tables, chairs, helium balloons, flowers or other set-ups are not permitted.
5. No receptions are permitted at the designated wedding locations. Wedding parties may use established picnic areas on a first come, first served basis. No reserving of sites is permitted.
6. Designated wedding sites will remain open to the public at all times. No exclusive use.
7. Use of horse and buggies, hot air balloons, rice or bird seed throwing, etc. is not permitted.
8. Participants are limited to 40 persons.
9. Carpooling may be necessary due to lack of parking availability by NPS.
10. No exchange of money is permitted on park property.
Scheduling a Wedding
Fill out an application form. The application form and a $50.00 processing fee should be sent to:
Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park
Attn: Todd Milsaps
3370 LaFayette Road
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
*If accepted, an additional final permit fee of $100 will be charged.*
Contact us for additional questions about the wedding application process.