|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Keri Nelson, 435-719-2143
Beginning September 1, 2013, Canyonlands National Park will be changing the reservation process for all its backcountry permits including:
- Four-wheel-drive/Mountain Biking Camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road)
- Four-wheel-drive Day Use in the Needles (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender Canyons)
- Group Sites in the Needles (e.g. Split Top)
- River Trips (Cataract Canyon and flat water)
- Multi-element Trips (hiking and pack rafting combined)
Reservations for the 2014 season will be available no more than four months, and no less than two days, prior to the permit start date. For example, reservations for trips beginning on January 1, 2014 will be available starting September 1, 2013. And, reservations for trips beginning on January 2, 2014 will be available starting September 2, 2013.
Permits and/or sites not reserved at least two days in advance of the permit start date will be available in person at the park's visitor centers and park headquarters reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis during normal business hours and seasons of operation. Due to the high demand for these permits reservations are highly recommended. Reservations will no longer be available one year in advance.