|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Sarah Blizzard Merrill, 252-475-9033
Cape Hatteras National Seashore (Seashore) Superintendent Dave Hallac is excited to announce the Seashore’s first-ever Commercial Services Orientation and Open House.
The meeting will take place on Friday, April 28 from 10:00 - 11:30 am at the Hatteras Realty Office in Avon: 41156 Hwy 12 Avon, NC 27915.
Superintendent Hallac and Seashore staff welcome all interested parties to attend.
The meeting will provide information about the Seashore's Commercial Services program, which permits businesses to provide the following visitor services through Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs):
- Beach Fire Services - new for 2017!
- Guided Fishing Services
- Guided Horseback Tours
- Guided Waterfowl Hunting - new for 2017!
- Interpretive and Educational Programs - new for 2017!
- Non-motorized Boat Tours (for example, kayak tours)
- Off-Road Vehicle Driving Tours
- Outdoor Fitness Classes (for example, yoga)
- Photography Instruction
- Road-Based Commercial Tours and Transportation - new for 2017!
- Watersport Instruction (for example, surfing lessons)
- The National Park Service CUA program and which types of activities require an authorization;
- The application process and program requirements;
- The Seashore’s safety program, including information related to hurricane planning and rip current safety, and
- The Seashore’s interpretive themes and messages to share with clients.
Superintendent Hallac and Seashore staff look forward to engaging new partners and working more closely with the Seashore’s many long-standing commercial partners.
For information about the Seashore’s Commercial Use Authorization program and instructions on how to apply, visit: https://www.nps.gov/caha/getinvolved/dobusinesswithus.htm.