Beach & Ocean Info
- Beach Access Map
- Before driving on designated off-road vehicle routes, we strongly recommend that tire pressure be lowered to at least 20psi. The softer the sand, the lower the pressure needed. Reinflate tires to normal pressure as soon as possible after returning to paved roads. Many local businesses have air pumps.
- (10/16/18) There is a MODERATE risk of rip currents north of Cape Point and a low risk of rip currents west of Cape Point.
- [Daily Rip Current Forecast] [Rip Current Safety Info]
- Text "Join OBXBeachConditions" to 30890 to sign up for text alerts on ocean conditions.
- Recreational shellfishing advisories - N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries info