Beach & Ocean Info
- Beach Access Map
- When driving on off-road vehicle (ORV) routes, tire pressure must be lowered. Tire pressure of 20 psi (or lower) is recommended for most vehicles. The softer the sand, the lower the pressure needed. Reinflate tires to normal pressure as soon as possible after returning to paved roads. Many local businesses have air stations.
- (9/24/18) There is a MODERATE RISK of rip currents along all Outer Banks beaches. According to NOAA, a moderate risk means that wind/wave conditions support stronger or more frequent rip currents. Only experienced ocean swimmers should enter the Atlantic Ocean today.
- [Daily Rip Current Forecast] [Rip Current Safety Info]
- Text "Join OBXBeachConditions" to 30890 to sign up for text alerts on ocean conditions.
- Recreational shellfishing advisories - N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries info