|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Nicole Loiseau, 252-475-9042
Contact: Public Affairs, 252-473-2111
The National Park Service (NPS) turns 100 on August 25, 2016. As a lead up to the centennial, we are encouraging people of all ages to find their park, take part in the celebration, and learn about the national parks in their community through volunteerism.
Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Wright Brothers National Memorial, and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site are currently looking for dedicated volunteers to assist in various areas:
- Landscaper (Manteo) – Assist with maintaining park grounds (i.e. raking, weeding, pruning). Available now.
- Receptionist (Manteo) – Provide customer service at the front desk and provide administration support. Available now.
- Museum Aide (Manteo) – Assist with a number of general curatorial duties at the Museum Resource Center. Available now.
- Visitor Center Assistant (Wright Brothers National Memorial & Fort Raleigh National Historical Site) – Provide customer service at the front desk. Available now.
- Birder (Bodie Island) – Interact with and educate visitors on the various species of birds in the area. Starting late April.
- Fee Collection Assistant (Bodie & Hatteras Islands) – Serve as a front-line representative, interact with the public, and collect fees. Starting in April.
- Special Program Assistant – Fishing, Seining, & Cast Netting (Hatteras Island) – Assist park rangers in conducting water-based programs. Starting in May.
- Lighthouse Assistant (Hatteras Island) – Interact with visitors, climb the lighthouse, and support the interpretation operation. Starting in June.
- Turtle Nest Maintenance Program Manager (Cape Hatteras National Seashore) – Manage the day-to-day logistics of the program. Starting in July.