Vehicles will be inspected for all required accessory equipment:
- Shovel: Heavy-duty shovel equal to a military folding shovel
- Towing Device: Any of the following which are at least 14 feet long:
Tow Strap: 1.5"; Rope: 3/4"; Chain 5/16"; Cable 1/4"
- Jack: Standard size (e.g., vehicle manufacturer's jack)
- Jack Support Board: Wood: 10" x 12" x 1.5" or Plywood: 10" x 12" x 3/4"
- Tire Pressure Gauge: Must register to 5 p.s.i. or lower
- SCV's and pick-up truck campers must also have a fire extinguisher and permanently mounted holding tanks for gray and black water.
- Spare Tire: Must meet tire standards outlined below.
- Tires: All 5 tires, including the spare tire, must meet or exceed the standards outlined below. NOTE: Many newer vehicles are being produced with temporary (smaller) spare tires; be sure to carefully, physically check your spare tire size for compliance before applying for an Oversand permit. These standards are minimum acceptable tire standards.