Doing Business With The Park

Motorcycle Rally
Motorcycle Rally

NPS Photo/Cookie Ballou


Special Use Permits
A special use permit (SUP) is required for activities that benefit an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large.

Such activities include, but are not limited to:

  • Weddings and commitment ceremonies
  • Memorials and the spreading of remains
  • Sporting events, or events conducted by organized clubs
  • Worship services
  • Trips organized by scouting groups, churches, academic institutions, or other non-profit organizations
  • Groups of 40 or more hiking in the Chisos Mountains
  • Any organized group conducting an activity in the park
Commercial Use Authorization
Commercial Use Authorization permits are required of all operators who provide any goods, activities, agreements, or other services to the general public which take place, at least in part, in the park, uses park resources and are undertaken for or results in compensation, monetary gain, benefit or profit to an individual, organization or corporation. (This also applies to non-profit and educational groups, if taxable income is derived).
Commercial Filming Permits
Commercial filming and still photography require a film permit.

Last updated: December 11, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 129
Big Bend National Park, TX 79834-0129



Contact Us