Hiking Rules and Regulations
- Trail Closures are posted online and at park visitor centers.
- Pets must be restrained on a leash no longer than 6 feet (1.8 m) and are not permitted on ladder trails.
- Do not feed or disturb wildlife. If your presence changes the behavior of any wild animal, you are too close.
- Bicycles and horses are not allowed on hiking trails.
- There is no backcountry camping. Fires are permitted only in designated areas.
- Swimming, wading, and pets are prohibited in public water supplies. Please respect posted regulations at lakes and ponds.
Trail Safety Tips
- Check trail elevation profile or a topographic map before hiking.
- Bring a map, water, snacks, compass, and extra layers for unpredictable changes in weather.
- Reduce the chance of picking up ticks by staying in the center of the trail, and not stepping on soils and away from brush.
- Always do a tick check after visiting the park.
- Closed-toe, good traction shoes recommended because most trail surfaces are very unlevel or slippery when wet.
Explore Other Hikes