Permits & Reservations

Backcountry Camping
Free permits are required for camping at all designated backcountry camps in Redwood National and State Parks, available from any visitor center (except Prairie Creek Visitor Center).


Special Use Permits
Small, medium, and large events (including weddings) held in Redwood National & State Parks may require a permit. Click here for the Application for Special Use Permit or call 707-465-7307 for more information.

Scattering human reamins also requires a Special Use Permit. Click here for more information.

Did You Know?