Winter scene, kiva near church.
Photo by Eric Valencia
Stop in first at the E.E. Fogelson Visitor Center, where you can pay your $3.00 entrance fee or show your pass. Friendly and helpful rangers will provide a trail guide, show a ten-minute movie, answer any questions you may have, and encourage you to visit the excellent museum. After your 1.2 mile ruins trail walk, come back to the Visitor Center and you can get a gate code and directions to the 2.3 mile Civil War Battle of Glorieta Pass trail.
Park website links to help you plan your visit:
Civil War Weekend 2014
Santa Fe Trail history
People of Pecos
Forked Lightning Ranch History
Story of Archeology at the Pueblo
Battle of Glorieta Pass
Guided Tour Schedule
Pecos National Historical Park is open every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.
We will join America’s 400 other national parks in offering free admission on nine days in 2014, including several holidays.
The 2014 entrance fee-free days are:
- January 20th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15th to February 17th – Presidents Day weekend
- April 19th to April 20th – National Park Week’s opening weekend
- August 25th – National Park Service’s 98th birthday
- September 27th – National Public Lands Day
- November 11th – Veterans Day
We look forward to seeing you at Pecos National Historical Park! Call the Visitor Center at 505-757-7241 for information about tours or special events.