Commercial tours are not required to make advance reservations. However ALL commercial operations visiting the park MUST have a current Commercial Use Authorization (CUA), or may be denied entry.
Commercial vehicles must also pay a blanket entry fee based on the capacity of the vehicle(s) that are bringing visitors into the park.
Commercial tour entrance fees (based on vehicle capacity)
o Sedan (1-5 passengers) $25
o Van (1-15 passengers) $50
o Mini-bus (16-25 passengers) $60
o Motor coach (26+ passengers) $150
Commercial Use Authorization Permitees:
The 2016 visitor season will soon be upon us, and in preparation for this centennial year we are sending you this reminder that it is time to renew your annual Commercial Use Permit (CUA).
Please note that Bandelier has updated our CUA program and have implemented the following:
- A new CUA application that was previously implemented earlier last year.
- A new CUA application fee ($50). This is required by law, and Bandelier has made every effort to minimize this fee.
- Entrance Fees for Commercial Operators is now based on an entry fee of $10 per person, instead of an entrance fee by vehicle type. Bandelier will now honor all Inter-agency passes (Senior, Access, Military, etc.) carried by your guests, which allows entry for the pass holder and three additional visitors per pass. This applies to visitors, not to tour operators owning passes. Details for this entrance fee will be provided with your 2016 CUA application.
- All tour guides that are sub-contracted by a CUA permit holder must be named specifically on the permit holder’s general liability insurance certificate and be on file at Bandelier.
- CUA permit holders are responsible for making sure that their company tour guides and subcontracted tour guides carry a copy of the permit with them when visiting Bandelier and are knowledgeable of and understand the conditions associated with the permit.
- When contracting transportation services, the transportation company must also supply a copy of their vehicle liability insurance certificate to Bandelier. All insurance liability certificates must list Bandelier National Monument, National Park Service, as an additional insured.
You will soon be receiving your 2016 CUA application with detailed instructions.
For more information, please contact:
Bandelier National Monument
15 Entrance Road
Los Alamos, NM 87544
Unclear if you need a Commercial Use Authorization? Basically: If you accept any payment to bring visitors into Bandelier National Monument, you are commercial, whether you are non-profit or for profit.
Commercial use as defined by the NPS:
Commercial services include any or all goods, activities, services, agreements or anything offered to park visitors and/or the general public for recreational purposes which use park resources, (and) is undertaken for or results in compensation, monitory gain, benefit or profit to an individual, organization, or corporation, whether or not such entity is organized for purposes recognized as non-profit under local, state or federal laws.
School or educational group? Click here for more information.
Organized but not commercial group? Click here for more information.
Where to park:
Parking is very limited at the Frijoles Canyon Visitor Center. Groups arriving by bus must follow a special bus parking procedures, click here for more information.
How to pay:
Advanced payments for commercial entry fees are not accepted; payment by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) may be made upon arrival at the park entrance station.
More advice and regulations for groups...