Mariposa Grove Shuttle
This free shuttle provides service from the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza (near South Entrance) to the Mariposa Grove. This is the primary way to get to the Mariposa Grove.
Typical Hours of Operation
- March 15 through May 14: 8 am to 5 pm (last bus leaves Mariposa Grove at 5 pm)
- May 15 through October 14: 8 am to 8 pm (last bus leaves Mariposa Grove at 8 pm)
- October 15 through November 30: 8 am to 5 pm (last bus leaves Mariposa Grove at 5 pm)
Limited shuttle service is also available from Big Trees Lodge (formerly Wawona Hotel) from June 15 through September 7, 2018 between 9 am and 5 pm, with pick-ups/drop-offs about every two hours. This service is available to visitors staying overnight in Wawona.
Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area (formerly Badger Pass)
The free shuttle provides service twice daily between Yosemite Valley and Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area whenever the facilities at the ski area are open (typically mid-December through March).
Glacier Point Tour
Many people purchase a one-way ticket on the Glacier Point Tour and take it from Yosemite Valley Lodge (formerly Yosemite Lodge) to Glacier Point, then hike back down to Yosemite Valley. This bus does not make stops at other trailheads. Service is available when the Glacier Point Road is open (typically late May through October).
Tuolumne Meadows Shuttle
The Tuolumne Meadows shuttle bus provides convenient access throughout the Tuolumne Meadows area between the Tioga Pass and Olmsted Point (including Tenaya Lake) during the summer (typically mid-June through early September). See the complete schedule.
Yosemite Valley-Tuolumne Meadows Hikers' Bus
The Yosemite Valley-Tuolumne Meadows hikers' bus provides service from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center and stops at various trailheads on the Tioga Road. Service is available from approximately mid-June to early September.
YARTS Highway 120 East Bus
YARTS (for a fee) provides service between Yosemite Village and Mammoth Lakes, with stops at Crane Flat, White Wolf, and Tuolumne Meadows. This service operates daily in July and August and weekends only in June and September (conditions permitting).
YARTS Highway 120 North Bus
YARTS (for a fee) provides service between Yosemite Village and Sonora, with stops at Crane Flat, Big Oak Flat (Hodgdon Meadow), Buck Meadows area, Groveland, and Sonora/Jamestown. This service operates daily from mid-May through September. Service to Sonora/Jamestown is not available on weekends and holidays.
YARTS Highway 41 Bus
YARTS (for a fee) provides service between Fresno and Yosemite Valley, with stops in Wawona. This service operates daily during summer.
Wawona-Mariposa Grove Shuttle & Badger Pass-Glacier Point Shuttle
No longer in service
Limitations of Public Transportation in Yosemite
If you arrive in Yosemite Valley by public transportation, access to other areas of the park is possible, as follows:
- Yosemite Valley (free shuttle service around eastern Yosemite Valley; view map [670 kb PDF]
- Glacier Point (late May/June through October via fee-based tour; reservations required)
- Wawona (summer only via YARTS)
- Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area (formerly Badger Pass Ski Area) (mid-December through March via free shuttle)
- Yosemite Valley/Tioga Road/Tuolumne Meadows (June to mid-September fee-based tour and YARTS Highway 120 East bus)
- Tuolumne Meadows (summer only; shuttle service in the Tuolumne Meadows area)
- Hetch Hetchy Valley (no public transportation)
- Hodgdon Meadow (summer only; fee-based public transportation via YARTS Highway 120 North bus)