Yosemite National Park covers nearly 1,200 square miles of mountainous terrain in the Sierra Nevada of California. Yosemite is open all year, though some areas of the park are inaccessible by car from approximately November through May due to snow. You can drive your car into and around Yosemite, though we encourage you to use shuttles in some areas.
Reservations are not required to enter Yosemite, however we strongly recommend that you make reservations for camping or lodging if you plan to spend the night.
More information about getting to and around Yosemite:
- Driving directions
- Public transportation to and around Yosemite
- Nearby airports
- Winter road closures and alternate routes to Yosemite during winter
- Chain controls and tire chain information
- Tips for visiting Yosemite with an RV or Trailer
- Vehicle restrictions (for RVs, trailers, and other large vehicles)