Doing Business With The Park


Reservations are not required to enter Yosemite National Park, but we strongly recommend that you make reservations for lodging, camping, and backpacking. You can pay the park entrance fee upon arrival (there's no need to pay it in advance).

Business Permits and Commercial Use Authorizations

Commercial Passenger Vehicle Commercial Use Authorizations

Guiding Permits

Commercial use authorizations are available for day hikes, photography workshops, backpacking, nordic activities (snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, snow camping), fishing, step-on guiding (road-based tours only), art workshops, and motorcycle tours.

Film Permits

Special Use Permits

  • Special event permits [586 kb PDF]
    For first amendment activities, special events, business operations, public assembly, sale or distribution of printed material, or construction

Wedding Permits

Permits for Other Activities

Educational Fee Waivers

Half Dome Permits

Permission to Scatter Cremated Remains

Research and Collection Permits

Wilderness Permits

Wood Permits

Permits are available for anyone to collect wood from wood lots in Yosemite National Park. Wood lots are located in El Portal, Foresta, Hodgdon Meadow, and Wawona. Permits are issued at fiscal offices in El Portal (209/379-1870) and Mariposa (209/379-1863). Call before going to the office. Wood is for personal use only—not for sale or exchange.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 577
Yosemite National Park, CA 95389


(209) 372-0200
The public information office is open from 9 am to 5 pm Pacific time (closed for lunch). Once connected, dial 3 then 5. If the ranger is already on the line, you'll be returned to the main menu. If the ranger is not there, you can leave a message and we will return your call.

Contact Us