Last updated: August 25, 2017
Size: 4,330 acres
Fuels: Mixed conifer, oak and brush
All evacuations have been lifted at this time. Trails within the fire area will remain closed until further notice. Wawona Campground has reopened.
Crews will continue to mop up (extinguish hot spots on the fire’s edge) and monitor the perimeter of the fire. Aircraft will assist in securing the line as needed. Repair and rehabilitation have begun within the Yosemite Wilderness.
Smoke and poor air quality continue to be an issue in the park. Temperatures are predicted to be near normal and the threat of storms is greatly decreased for the rest of the week. All roads within the park remain open to travel.
The Yosemite National Park Type 3 Incident Management Team has assumed command as of 06:00 today. For more information about the South Fork Fire, call 209-379-1493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information:
- Fire Information: Yose_Fire_Info@
- Yosemite National Park Fire Information website: http://www.nps.gov/yose/blogs/
- Facebook, search: Yosemite Fire and Aviation
- Twitter, search @YosemiteFire : http://www.twitter.com/
- Air Quality: https://www.nps.gov/
yose/learn/nature/ aqmonitoring.htm or Current PM2.5 conditions