Last updated: June 9, 2015
New fires over the weekend of June 7.
- Boundary near Boundary Peak (8,000 ft) – single tree in red fir, is being monitored and has low potential for growth.
- South Fork near Cascade Creek (8,100 ft) – red fir and brush, is being monitored and low to moderate potential for growth.
- South Landing (6,100 ft) – ponderosa pine; this low elevation was put out.
- Yosemite Creek near the Yosemite Creek campground road (8,020 ft) – red fir and is being monitored.
- Parsons within Tuolumne Meadows (8,500 ft) – single lodgepole pine, is being monitored, and has low potential for growth.
The May Fire near May Lake was an out of bounds camp fire and was put out. All visitors are urged to use established campgrounds for fires. When departing please be sure all fires are out.
Additionally, the Fox Fire, near Mariposa, was visible throughout the area. CAL FIRE crews remain on the fire.