- The Dog Rock fire began along the El Portal road near Dog Rock around 2:30 pm today
- The cause is unknown.
- Highway 140 will remain closed until further notice due to fire operations and accident investigation. We anticipate this closure to be in place for 24-48 hours.
- Yosemite Valley will remain off power for the next 24 hours. Power will be restored as quickly as possible.
- The fire is 150 acres without containment estimates. [As of Wednesday morning, the fire is 252 acres and 0% contained.]
- Aviation resources will be heavily utilized to contain the perimeter.
- Evacuation orders are in effect for residents of Foresta. These evacuations will be lifted as soon as it is safe to do so.
- All of the other areas of the park remain open. California Highways 41, 120 - Big Oak Flat Road and Tioga Pass as well as the road immediately in the valley remain open.
- Smoke will likely be prevalent in El Portal in the morning and in Yosemite Valley in the afternoon.
All information requests associated with the air tanker aircraft incident please contact CAL Fire at (961) 616-3473.
The situation continues to evolve and we will keep you updated as best we can as we receive more information.
For More Information:
- Fire information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire information staffed lines: 209/372-0327; 372-0328; 372-0329.
- For health effects of smoke: www.mariposacounty.org/index.aspx?NID=89
- For Yosemite air quality: www.nps.gov/yose/naturescience/aqmonitoring.htm
- For smoke updates: www.californiasmokeinfo.blogspot.com
- Yosemite Wildland Fire Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yosemite -Wildland-Fire/12463296455395