- The Carstens Fire started June 16, 2013, at approximately 2 p.m. at the bottom of Plumbar Creek in Mariposa County. It is currently in Clarks Valley.
- The fire has been determined to be human caused. An unattended campfire was not fully extinguished. Continued vigilance and fire safety during dry forest conditions is required.
- Please be aware of large fire equipment on local roads – slow down when passing fire crews.
- There is a combination of hand and dozer line around the north end of the fire; firefighters are improving the line while mop-up actions continue. The fire area continues to generate interior heat and areas of smoke. On the southwest side of the fire, the fire continues to back downslope toward the constructed dozer lines burning pockets of green fuel between the fire line and the fire. This is favorable for containment goals.
- Cooperating Agencies include: The US Forest Service; CALFIRE; California Highway Patrol, National Park Service, Mariposa County, Mariposa County Fire and Mariposa County Sheriff.
- Jerseydale Rd.
- Carter Rd.
- Buckingham Mtn. Rd.
- Memory Lane Rd.
- Triangle Rd. – HWY 140 to Darrah Rd is only open to residences on the south side of Triangle Rd.
- Evacuation orders remain in effect for the areas of: Hites Cove; Jerseydale; Clarks Valley; Mariposa Pines; residents on the north side of Triangle Rd. from HWY 140 to Darrah Rd., including Carter Rd., Buckingham Mtn. Rd. and Memory Lane.
- Darrah Rd. to Valley View Rd, including Nickel Plate Rd.
- Triangle Rd – from Darrah Rd. to East Westfall Rd.
- Lushmeadows sub-division