Current Situation: A Type 3 incident management team continues to manage the fire. The fire is 311 acres with 100 % containment. They will continue to rehabilitate firelines in order to minimize long term impacts. Firefighters will be patrolling Hwy 140 watching for rolling material. Travelers should use extreme caution when driving through the fire area. Some smoke from the interior of the fire may still be visible.
Other Park Wildfires
Meadow (37 42.738 x 119 30.541 –Mariposa Co., 7,870', August 16): The fire is at 4,772 acres and 98% containment. Smoke is occasionally visible from the interior of the fire perimeter. It is now in a monitoring status. Until further notice, the only trail open in the Little Yosemite Valley area is the Half Dome access trail from Nevada Falls. The Little Yosemite Valley campground has been re-opened.
- The John Muir Trail between the Clouds Rest Junction and Sunrise High Sierra Camp.
- Sunrise trail to Clouds Rest from Tenaya Lake through to the John Muir Trail
- Clouds Rest
- The trail along the Merced River between Little Yosemite Valley and Echo Valley.
Cathedral (37 51.843 x 119 23.720 –Tuolumne Co., 9,140', July 16): This fire is now at 16 acres and continues to smolder and creep through surface fuels. It is northeast of Cathedral Peak. Smoke is occasionally seen from locations within Tuolumne Meadows.
Lembert (37 53.159 x 119 19.059 –Tuolumne Co., 9,250', July 16): This fire is at 4 acres and continues to smolder and creep through surface fuels in a lodgepole pine forest. It is east of Lembert Dome. Smoke is periodically visible from locations in Tuolumne Meadows
Double Rock (37 54.616 x 119 35.025 - Tuolumne Co., 8,800', found September 18): This high elevation fire, burning since July. Smoke is periodically visible.
Air Quality: Although air quality has improved, smoke may continue to be visible from the Meadow, Lembert and Cathedral Fires.
As with any fire incident in Yosemite National Park, firefighter and public safety is our number one priority. We appreciate everyone's assistance with this priority.
For More Information
- Fire information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 209/372-0480 or 375-9574.
- For wilderness access and trail closure details and questions please call 209/372-0826.
- For Yosemite air quality data and webcams: www.nps.gov/yose/naturescience/aqmonitoring.htm
- For smoke updates: www.californiasmokeinfo.blogspot.com
- Yosemite Wildland Fire Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yosemite -Wildland-Fire/12463296455395
- Aircraft accident information: CAL FIRE - Daniel Berlant –916/651-3473
- Inciweb: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4128/