Containment of the Meadow Fire continues to grow allowing some areas to be re-opened. However, the fire is still active and fire crews are working in the area. In order to maintain the safety of park visitors and allow fire management operations to continue unimpeded, the Superintendent of Yosemite National Park is designating a portion of Yosemite Wilderness as closed. The area will be closed until further notice is given.
The area marked as closed on the accompanying map entitled Meadow Fire Safety Closure dated September 15, 2014.
Features and facilities within the area include, but are not limited to:
- The John Muir Trail between the Clouds Rest Junction and Sunrise HSC.
- Sunrise and Merced Lake High Sierra Camps and backpackers’ camps.
- The Sunrise Trail to Clouds Rest through to the John Muir Trail junction.
- Sunrise Lakes.
These trails and areas are open:
- Little Yosemite Valley Campground (LYV)
- The Mist, Panorama and Half Dome Trails and all climbing routes on Half Dome.
- Vogelsang Backpackers’ Camp.
- The Tenaya Lake Trail