Wheelchairs can be rented at the medical clinic for a $300 deposit and $10 per day. Wheelchairs are available for loan at all lodging facilities and the visitor center while in the area.
Old Faithful Visitor Education Center
The Old Faithful Visitor Education Center is wheelchair-accessible. Learn more about the Old Faithful Visitor Education Center.
Restrooms in the visitor education center and lodging buildings are accessible.
Designated Accessible Parking
Front and rear of Old Faithful Inn; in front of Old Faithful Visitor Education Center, Old Faithful Lodge, Snow Lodge, and stores.
- Geyser Grill (located in Snow Lodge): Fast food.
- Old Faithful Inn & Snow Lodge: Dining rooms.
- Old Faithful Lodge: Cafeteria, snack bar.
- Old Faithful Lodge: Two accessible cabins.
- Old Faithful Inn: Eight accessible rooms.
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge: Five accessible rooms and one accessible cabin.
- No camping at Old Faithful: see Madison Junction and Grant Village for nearest campgrounds.
- Wheelchair-accessible shower in the Old Faithful Inn. Accessible shower house at the Old Faithful Lodge.
- Learn more about campgrounds in Yellowstone.
- East Lot: Wheelchair-accessible table.
- Whiskey Flat (north of Biscuit Basin): Wheelchair-accessible table.
- Learn more about picnicking in Yellowstone.
Learning About the Area
Films & Exhibits
The Old Faithful Visitor Education Center, has wheelchair-accessible exhibits, including tactile displays with audio components, and open-captioned films.
Area Trail Guides
Available for a nominal fee at the visitor center and near the boardwalks. The Old Faithful guide describes the Upper Geyser Basin. The Fountain Paint Pot guide serves that area, see below.
Evening programs are wheelchair-accessible; others as noted in the schedule. Learn more about ranger programs.
What to See
- Upper Geyser Basin: Wheelchair-accessible walkways lead from all parking areas to Old Faithful Geyser, and from the visitor center to other hydrothermal features. The paved path is also accessible from the general store downhill from the Old Faithful Inn.
- Black Sand Basin: One mile (1.6 km) north of the Old Faithful intersection on the main road. A few steep sections on the boardwalk.
- Biscuit Basin: Three miles (5 km) north of the Old Faithful intersection on the main road. Trail has a wheelchair-accessible overlook at Wall Pool.
- Midway Geyser Basin: 5.5 miles (8.9 km) north of the Old Faithful intersection on the main road. Wheelchair-accessible parking, boardwalk, and restrooms.
Fountain Paint Pot & Firehole Lake Drive
- Firehole Lake Drive: Eight miles (12.6 km) north of the Old Faithful intersection on the main road. Boardwalks are wheelchair-accessible; no restrooms.
- Fountain Paint Pot: Nine miles (14.5 km) north of Old Faithful. Trail has steep portions and steps; visitors using wheelchairs may need assistance.