Includes the Madison and Gallatin river drainages, including Firehole and Gibbon rivers and tributaries.
Permanently Closed to Fishing
- Firehole River from road bridge .5 mile (.8 km) upstream of Old Faithful to road bridge at Biscuit Basin, 200 yards (182 m) either side of Midway footbridge.
- Madison River from Seven Mile Bridge upstream 250 yards (226 m).
Use only artificial flies regardless of the type of rod or line.
- Madison River
- Firehole River
- Gibbon River below Gibbon Falls (not including their tributaries).
Native Trout Conservation Area
- Catch and release all native fish.
- No possession limit on nonnative fish.
Nonnative Trout Tolerance Area
- Limit of 5 brook trout.
- Catch and release all rainbow and brown trout.