Most of Whiskeytown National Recreation Area is closed until further notice for public safety due to the recent Carr Fire. Find information about current closures and reopenings.
The visitor center offers exhibits about the history and development of the Whiskeytown area. Visitors may also inquire about gold panning. Learn about campgrounds and purchase visitor passes while at the visitor center. Books, maps and postcards may also be purchased at the visitor center bookstore, operated by Western National Parks Association.
Stop At The Visitor Center First!
Location & Address
Whiskeytown National Recreation Area Visitor Center
Highway 299 & J.F. Kennedy Memorial Drive
P.O. Box 188
Whiskeytown, CA 96095
The visitor center is open every day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the exception of the following days:
- Columbus Day (Monday, October 8, 2018)
- Veteran's Day (Monday, November 12, 2018)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22, 2018)
- Christmas (Tuesday, December 25, 2018)
- New Year's Day (Tuesday, January 1, 2019)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday (Monday, January 21, 2019)
- President's Day (Monday, February 18, 2019)
Park Headquarters business offices are open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Reopened areas of the park is open year-round, 24 hours a day.