President's Park welcomes youth to volunteer in many areas of the park including interpretation and education as well as providing assistance with special events. For more information about current volunteer opportunities, please see the park's volunteer page.
Summer Employment Program
President's Park has a longstanding Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) program that offers paid summer employment opportunities for youth in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. More information about possible paid summer placement opportunities through the YCC program is available at the park's YCC page. While each summer youth program is different, in general, youth can expect to develop the following skills or competencies:
- Presentation skills: youth are frequently given the opportunity to develop and present programs or topics that are videotaped and critiqued by their peers
- Public speaking: youth staff will be expected to deliver public programs and to work with visitors to the park
- Multicultural soft skills: youth will interact with an extremely diverse visitor base that includes people from throughout the world and for whom English is not always their first language
- Teamwork: youth will need to work together to solve problems and to accomplish tasks
- Stewardship: youth will visit several national parks in the area to learn more about the ways that the National Park Service cares for and protects natural and cultural places throughout the United States