- National Park Bison Roam Weir Farm NHS- Take your photo with our art bison grazing throughout the park. Each one is covered with a historic painting related to Weir Farm. Bison, long the symbol of the national parks, recently were named the national mammal.
- Original J. Alden Weir Paintings- Don't miss seeing original paintings from the park collection and on loan from private collections on display in the Weir House.
- Junior Ranger- Investigate the park with fun activities designed for kids and families.
- Monthly Impressionist Painting Workshops- Pick up a brush and try your hand at impressionist painting with master artist and instructor Dmitri Wright. Free. Sign up for the park's email list to be notified when registration opens.
- Visitor Center Art Exhibits - View works by Sperry Andrews in the exhibition "Weir Farm and Beyond: The Art of Sperry Andrews" and see how the Tile Club inspired photographer Xiomáro in "Photo Ceramics by Xiomáro: An Homage to J. Alden Weir and the Tile Club"
Things To Do
Visit Year-RoundWeir Farm National Historic Park is a beautiful place to visit in all seasons. Enjoy a 1.5-mile round trip hike to Weir Pond, explore the historic gardens, and get creative with painting outdoors. Grounds are open daily from sunrise to sunset. From May 1 through October 31, stop in the visitor center and museum store, enjoy ranger-led tours of the Weir House, docent assisted tours of the Weir Studio and the Young Studio, and borrow art supplies and take part in art.
Last updated: June 10, 2017