Permits & Reservations


Camping Reservations

All camping reservations are taken through Reservations are also taken by phone at 1 (877) 444-6777.

Types of Sites Available for Reservation:
Regular campsites (no electric hookups) in Cottonwood Campground (South Unit)
Group Site in Cottonwood Campground (South Unit)
Roundup Horse Camp Group Site (South Unit)
Group Site in Juniper Campground (North Unit)

For more campground information, visit the camping page.

Backcountry Camping Permits

Camping outside of the park's developed campgrounds requires a free Backcountry Camping Permit. Permits are issued upon arrival to the North or South Unit Visitor Centers.


Last updated: January 13, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

PO Box 7
Medora, ND 58645


701 623-4466

Contact Us